Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Not Cool, Dude. Not Cool At All.

Like many new moms, I took to the internet searches hard and fierce at the beginning of my motherhood. Everything was so new and weird that I needed constant reassurance that my kid was, in fact, doing normal baby things.

In the reading that I did, I learned lots of things about baby poop. Way more than most people would probably want to know. But hey. I was curious with a dash of paranoid.

I found out that it's normal for babies who are breast fed to go 7-10 days between pooping. 7-10? That's a lot of days. Lots of time for the mommy paranoia to set in.

Well, recently the Little Man decided that he wanted to test my paranoia. He went from going twice a day to skipping FIVE days. With no warning. Every time he got cranky I attributed it to his being "clogged up." I sat him up more often, hoping to coax a nugget. I bicycled his legs. I tried to mimic his "poop face" in an attempt to trick him into making a diaper deposit.


via Growing Your Baby

Finally, after a feeding I set him on my lap and recognized that familiar face. I yelled, "Hang on, Dude, hang on!" Ran to the other room, grabbed a disposable diaper, laid it on my lap, set him on top of the diaper and said "GO FOR IT, LITTLE MAN! Do your thing!"

And do it he did.

I am scarred for life.

That diaper was SO damn full. It took 3 cloth wipes to get all that shit picked up. Under previous circumstances one wipe was more than enough to deal with anything that kid sent my way. This time? Hoooooooooooh no. I think the kid lost a full pound after that special gift he gave me. For real.

I swore that my husband would be in charge of the next one. Also, that I would never eat peanut butter ever again.



No comments:

Post a Comment