Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

Well, I'm not back to getting formal exercise. But I've been doing a few more positive things. First, I've been trying to take back my eating habits. I'd been cramming junk into my body and drinking soda every day; not as much of that anymore. I've been looking for healthy recipes and insisting on cooking them, sometimes over the skeptical half-objection of my husband. Lots more veggies, lean meats, and complex carbs (yay brown rice!).

With the return of summer heat I've also been much better about drinking enough water, which should help. When we ran out of soda I didn't buy any more (or let my husband buy anymore).

Also, the Little Man has decided he really likes this game where I lie on my back and hoist him up and slowly lower him down to get kisses. He laughs his head off...and my arms get toned. Win-win! He also makes a good medicine ball, I've discovered. I lie down with him sitting on my belly and then hoist myself up like I'm doing a crunch and lift him a bit so I can reach him for kisses. OH and finally, if he's drifting off to sleep I can go around the house tidying up, but I have to keep him steady (so he doesn't wake up or get all bendy in the neck area) so I end up doing kind of a squat to get things off low surfaces.

So it's not really formal exercise, but it's kind of like weight training, in a way. Plus, I get to spend time with my boy and get things done around the house while also getting a bit of exercise. It seems to be working a lot better than leaving the house for 30 minutes at a time to go running in 100 degree weather, even if it's slightly less effective.

I finally broke down and got some new pants, though. The ones that I was finally able to wear from pre-pregnancy...rapidly developed holes in the knees. I was relegated to sweats and my one pair of capris (or work clothes. But no. Not gonna happen on vacation). No bueno. Conscious of my budget, we headed to the Salvation Army. I found a pair of GAP jeans that fit me really well, but then the Little Man started unraveling. Not wanting him to make too big a scene at the Salvation Army, I rushed through the rest of the jeans rack looking for another pair of GAP jeans in that size and style. Hallelujah I found one! I figured I could get away with not trying it on, since I'd already tried the other one.

Big mistake. When I got home they were WAY too small for me. They were harder to button than another pair I had that were a size smaller. Weird, huh? Ah well...another pair of jeans to aspire to wear...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment