Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Son, Month 1

I had assumed that the first couple of months would be rather uneventful. I expected that our days and nights would consist of feedings, diaper changes, soothing, and sleep. Well, our Little Man has made his needs and preferences clear from the beginning.

Things he's taught me in the first month:

  • He doesn't like to sleep on his back. He much prefers his side.
  • If I have to put him on his tummy, it darn well better be tummy to tummy with Mom.
  • Eating is the best thing evarrrrrr...he dreams about it constantly.
  • Mirrors might be the next best thing.
  • Diaper changes aren't so bad, but changing clothes is torture.
  • Baths can be fun given the right circumstances. Or they can be almost as bad as clothing changes given the wrong ones.
  • He will grow faster than I'm ready.
  • He has a 6th sense about when I lay down to take a nap - it's his cue to wake up and need food. STAT.
  • Waking up isn't fun for anyone, not even tiny babies. Can I cry like that when I need to start waking up for work?
  • Nipples aren't very confusing for him. Nip is nip in his world, and they're alllllll good.

No comments:

Post a Comment