Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Old Ladies Love Babies, part 2

The other day we took the Little Man on a day trip to go visit my grandfather. My husband, parents, Little Man, and grandpa went out for lunch and afterward spent some time at the assisted living facility where he lives.

I had to go fax my doctor's note in to work, so my dad and I left for about 10 minutes to get that done at the facility's front desk. By the time we came back...

..Oh. Mah. Gaw.

They were swarming my husband. It was like a scene from The Birds.



...except instead of crows, they were surrounded by little old ladies. They all wanted to look at him and touch his little feet. We got more than one suggestion to leave the Little Man there for them to play with.

I have to admit, though, that I was secretly tickled every time one of them said "He's just the cutest baby!" And they didn't try to touch his hands or his face or criticize me in any way. So it was all good.

And I think it would be good to bring the Little Man down there more often. Good for him, and good for the little old ladies in his fan club.

No comments:

Post a Comment