Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

I'm damn lucky, and I fully admit that.

I gained 34 pounds during the pregnancy and since delivery I have lost about 24 of those pounds.

However, prior to the pregnancy I had put on an extra 10 pounds already. The result? I have very few clothes that fit. Thankfully most of my work clothes will do for now, but as for the weekends I'm still wearing sweats and maternity pants.

I also did the dumb thing during pregnancy and didn't take the doctor's advice about exercise. He wanted me to walk two miles a day and I just decided not to. The result of that? I get winded walking up the stairs.

So I'm setting some fitness goals for myself and plan to keep myself accountable here.

  • Check in here with my progress on Wednesdays
  • Drink 64 ounces of water daily
  • Keep to USDA guidelines for portion control
  • Add at least one more serving of vegetables every day
  • Cut soda from the diet
  • Follow a training program to work up to a 5k run
  • Work up to a steady weight training routine
I know that goals are meaningless unless there's some way to measure progress. I don't want to get stuck on the scale so instead I'll use the fit of my clothing as the true test and also as my reward for success. Right now I have a pile of 6 pairs of pants that do not fit. As I make progress I'll look better, feel better, and the objective proof will be in the brand new (old) wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment