Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Old Ladies Love Babies

So yesterday we brought the Little Man in for his one month well-baby appointment. Everything looks good, he's gaining weight, gaining length, and his head had a growth spurt. He cried through the whole exam, though. Screamed, really. This kid just really doesn't like being nekkid.

Anyway, after we got out of the exam room and I was waiting to pay the good doctor my husband and son were immediately assaulted by the 4 old ladies sitting in the waiting room.

"It's a brand new one!"
"Oh, he's so tiny for making all that noise!"
"How precious, what a handsome baby."
"I remember when my grandchildren were so small."
"What's his name?"
"How old is he?"
"You know, I have 2 children, 2 grandchildren, and 2 great-grandchildren!"
"Well I have 2 children and 6 grandchildren!"
"Oh yeah? Well I have 2 children, 4 grandchildren, and EIGHT great-grandchildren!"
"What a beautiful little baby, and you look like you have some experience with babies!"
"What a natural father."

Finally, one of the old ladies turned to me and said "Do you nurse?" I said yes. She said "Well he's crying for food, you oughta feed him!"

Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment