Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Acne

When I talk about my experience with pregnancy I feel like I should be ducking to avoid being hit by projectile objects thrown with great force by, well, pretty much any person who has experienced pregnancy.

During pregnancy I didn't experience most of the nasty physical symptoms: no morning sickness, my fatigue was manageable, my hair got less greasy than before, I didn't get any (new) stretch marks, and my skin got clearer.

::ducks::

My skin is paying for it now, though. I hadn't had a facial eruption like the one I got a couple of weeks after birth since I was 14. It's been pretty horrifying.

But I have to say, even that is nothing compared to the acne infestation on my baby's face. Tons of tiny little whiteheads on his cheeks, neck, sides of his forehead, and the top of his back. There had been plenty of warnings from all the baby books I've read so far, but nothing prepared me for actually seeing it.

Poor kid. At least it's just acne. And he doesn't care about his facial eruptions...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment