Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

I've been pretty good this week. The walking/jogging is getting a little easier. By "easier" I mean I don't feel like I'm going to die after a jog anymore. I'm really starting to feel like my goal of running a 5K by the end of August is not such a far-fetched goal after all.

I haven't missed any walking days yet. I fully anticipate that I will, but it hasn't happened yet. Already my work pants seem to be fitting slightly better, but not better enough that I can wear any of my other clothes.

  • Check in here. Check.
  • Drink 64 ounces of water. FAIL (except on walking days). I can't seem to get it up for that much water. I'm really good at work, but after getting home it just slips my mind.
  • Portion control. Check.
  • One more serving of vegetables per day. Semi-check. I guess it's better than last week. It hasn't been every single day, though.
  • Cut soda from diet. Check. Still cut.
  • Train for 5K. Check.
  • Weight training. FAIL. Although I did sign up on sparkpeople.com for a weight training program. I just haven't used it yet.
It's just so hard to do all of this with baby in tow, which is something I never thought I would have said before having the kid. I mean, how hard is it to remember to drink water or watch your portions? Or eat veggies? Or to not drink soda?

But the thing is, when I'm hanging with the Little Man, I'm not foremost on my own mind. He is. I don't think about how much water I'm supposed to be drinking when he's awake and wanting to play, or get changed, or eat. When I eat, I either eat super slowly (because I'm holding him and don't want to dribble food all over him), or super quickly because a sure-fire way to make a baby cry is to start doing something that requires NOT holding him. Most of the time I just want to be able to push a button on my microwave and have a meal appear.

I guess I'm learning that this whole taking-care-of-myself thing is a lot harder than one would think.

Training schedule for the week:
Thursday: walk 5 minutes, jog 2 minutes, repeat 4 times.
Sunday: walk 3 minutes, jog 4 minutes, repeat 4 times.
Tuesday: walk 3 minutes, jog 4 minutes, repeat 4 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment