Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

So I officially skipped a running session. Saturday. I just wasn't feeling it until it was too late.

BUT in my defense, it was the first week that the Saturday run was introduced. So I ran just as many days as I had each week before. It's a cop-out, I know. But I don't think it's as egregious as it could have been.

Then there was Tuesday. It was, uh, raining. So I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (level 1) instead. Holy crap did that kick my ass. By the end of the 20 minutes I wanted to bite someone's head off...but I was too tired.

All in all, it's going pretty well. The scale is going in the right direction, even if my clothes aren't quite all fitting yet. I resurrected my Spark People membership to keep track of my progress, and in the process decided to use the measuring tape as another way of tracking my goals.

I am 2 inches away from my pre-pregnancy size...in both hips and waist. So close!

OH OH OH!! Also, the community pool opens up this weekend. Starting next week I'm going to try to take one of my non-running days to go swimming. We'll see how that works out with the baby care. This one might have to wait until summer break starts (2 weeks away!!).

I'm too tired to look up all my goals, so this summary is from memory. Sorry. I blame Jillian.

  • Check in here: Check.
  • Water intake: so-so. Some days were awesome, others were mediocre.
  • Portion control: I was really good with this one this week, for the most part.
  • Veggies: Could have done better, but I've packed a salad for school most days. I call this a win.
  • Training: missed a day, but did every other day. When it rained I did the 30 Day Shred.
  • Weight Training: Started a program on Sunday and have stuck to it for a whole 3 days. Check?
  • Soda: I've stayed strong but had HUGE cravings for some soda this week. Megacheck.
Work-out schedule for the week:
Today: strength training 20ish minutes.
Thursday: Walk 2 minutes, jog 5 minutes, repeat 4 times. Strength training afterwards.
Friday: strength training 20 minutes
Saturday: Walk 2 minutes, jog 5 minutes, repeat 4 times. Strength training afterwards.
Sunday: Walk 2 minutes, jog 8 (!!) minutes, repeat 4 times. Strength training afterwards.
Monday: Strength training 20 minutes
Tuesday: Walk 2 minutes, jog 8 minutes, repeat 4 times. Strength training afterwards.

See? I'm trying to add in new things as my fitness levels improve. Go me! ::pats self on back::

As for progress...nothing seems too different this week. I'm down another 1/2 pound on the scale, but I don't like to use that as a measure. The same clothes are fitting, so at least I'm not going backwards. Here's hoping we can get a good routine going just adding things in slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment