Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

It's been a very good week over here. I managed to get into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans this week with a minimum of muffin-top going on! I also cheated and looked at the scale, and I'm now 4 lbs away from my weight at the first doctor visit of the pregnancy. I'm also pretty close to being able to wear my former favorite pair of jeans. I'm so excited!

The walk/jog thing is going really well, too. I've been finding that my Sunday jogs are HELL and I feel like dying afterwards. Then Tuesday rolls around and I'm feeling slightly better...and then Thursday I'm able to finish the walk/jog pretty comfortably. Lather, rinse, repeat. So of course this is the week where things get more intense - I go 4 days instead of 3.

So here's the rundown for the week...
  • Check in here. Check.
  • Drink 64 oz of water. Check! I did it this week! It might not have been every day, but I've upped my intake enough that I can really feel the difference.
  • Portion control. Check. I even held myself back for spaghetti tonight. So proud.
  • Vegetables. Check! I've actually been really good about this one this week.
  • Soda. Still haven't had any. I'm going to actually cut this goal out starting next week. I think we have a handle on this one.
  • Train for 5k. Check. Still haven't missed a workout - sorta. I skipped Thursday last week, but made it up on Friday.
  • Weight training. Still fail. BUT I decided that I'm going to add things in slowly. Like how this week we're adding in a Saturday walk/jog. I'll do that for a week or 2. Then add in weight training. Then I'll add in some other form of exercise on my non-jogging days. I vote for swimming, because a) swimming is awesome, and b) it gets really hot during the summer where I live.
Training Schedule for the week:
Thursday: walk 3 minutes, jog 4 minutes. Repeat 4 times
Saturday: walk 3 minutes, jog 4 minutes. Repeat 4 times.
Sunday: walk 2 minutes, jog 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times.
Tuesday: walk 2 minutes, jog 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment