Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Work-out Wednesday

Ho.Lee.Hell.

I just got back from day 2 of my training to build a running base.

Let me just say preemptively in my defense that I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Key part of that sentence? HILLS.

I feel pretty tore up. I've never considered myself to be in good shape...well, scratch that. I was in pretty good shape when I was surfing every day, but that was about 2 months of my life. Anywho, other than that anomalous period of time I've been a pretty sad sack. But I've NEVER felt so worked as I did after these two workouts. Just another sign of either how rough pregnancy can be on the body...or how lazy I got in the last 10 months.

So here's the punchline: both training sessions involved walking for 6 minutes and jogging for 1 minute, repeat 4 times. Yeah, a damn WALK kicked my ass. But like I said...on hills. That has to count for something, right? And I made an effort to walk fast and jog faster than my walking pace, so that counts for something else, right?

I'm just going to tell myself that training on hills will just get me into better shape, and faster. Yeah. That's it.

Here's my goal checklist:
  • Check in with progress: Check
  • Drink 64 ounces of water every day: Sorta. I've been drinking more water, but not quite that much.
  • Portion control: Check
  • More veggies: EPIC FAIL. We ran out of veggies and haven't gotten any more at the store. But I've been eating fruit!
  • Cut soda out: Check
  • Running: Check.
  • Weight training: FAIL. Didn't even try this week.
Progress? It was a little easier zipping and buttoning into my work clothes yesterday and today...but that could all be in my head.

Running base training plan for the next week:
Thursday: Walk 6 minutes, jog 1 minute, repeat 4 times
Sunday: Walk 5 minutes, jog 2 minutes, repeat 4 times
Tuesday: Walk 5 minutes, jog 2 minutes, repeat 4 times

No comments:

Post a Comment