Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

First Mother's Day

Thing the first: I have a wonderful husband.
Thing the second: I have an adorable baby.

I woke up yesterday morning a bit earlier than I would have liked, but slightly later than I have to be up during the week. Not much control over that when Mom is the food source and baby decides to be hungry. Oh well.

Then, the surprises. My husband doesn't generally go for holidays like this. He dismisses Father's Day and has, uh, strong feelings about Valentine's Day. At his daughter's insistence he bought me a Valentine's Day gift the first year we were dating. It was a package of cotton balls. No joke. Lots of people would get offended, but I got a good laugh out of it.

Needless to say I wasn't expecting much for Mother's Day.

Well...the day started off with breakfast in bed. Breakfast included generous servings of bacon. Mmmmmm. Then my husband took the Little Man out into the kitchen and returned with...some mini roses in a little pot.

It was the first time he's ever gotten me flowers. Awwwww...

We did a photo shoot with the Little Man and generally lazed about. Then for dinner, my husband made me my favorite dinner.

Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing day.

And here is some evidence of Thing the second:






I love baby tootsies!

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment